Since 1 November 2015, HiProMine S.A. has been implementing the project: InnSecta: innovative technology of feedstuffs production based on insect biomass.
The project is co-funded from European Funds by the National Centre for Research and Development within the framework of Measure 1.1 “R&D projects of enterprises”, Sub-measure 1.1.1 “Industrial research and development work implemented by enterprises” of the Operational Programme ‘Innovative economy’.
Goal of the project: The goals of the project are to develop innovative technologies for the production of insects as feed for fish and companion animals, and to obtain ready-made products including feed materials and compound feeds. The core of the research works will be the application of new protein sources in the form of biomass of insects bred according to proprietary methods developed by the applicant.
Planned effects: Bred and processed insects will be a source of high-quality protein and fat suitable for applications in the feeding of fish and companion animals. The goals of the project will be achieved by employing the direct outcomes of R&D activities which will include:
1) Innovative methods of sustainable insect breeding, and technologies of industrial insect processing;
2) Nutritional and environmental techniques for selected insect species in large-scale production;
3) Balanced complete and complementary feeds for insects, based on biological utilization of waste;
4) New feed materials and complete feeds containing these materials for application in aquaculture;
5) Hypoallergenic, functional complementary feeds and protein-rich foods for companion animals.
Value of the project: PLN 3,843,244.00
Contribution from European Funds: PLN 2,531,989.00
More information about the programme is available at www.ncbr.gov.pl